CN467
Sansuo Nature Reserve


Country/territory: China (mainland)

IBA Criteria met: A1, A2, A3 (2009)
For more information about IBA criteria please click here

Area: 5,000 ha


Site description
Located in the eastern part of Rong’an County. The IBA is in the western section of the Tianping Shan mountains, and low mountains cover about 20%, with intermediate-height mountains covering the remaining 80%.

Key biodiversity

Non-bird biodiversity: Nationally protected animals include Python molurus, Manis pentadactyla, Cervus unicolor, Capricornis sumatraensis, Viverra zibetha, Viverricula indica and Moschus berezovskii.


Recommended citation
BirdLife International (2022) Important Bird Areas factsheet: Sansuo Nature Reserve. Downloaded from http://www.birdlife.org on 21/05/2022.