4. Termination. If you breach any of these Term of Use, then without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to it, BirdLife International reserves the right to terminate your use of the Data. Any such termination will be notified to you in writing. After termination, you may not make any further use of the Data and your access to the Data will be disabled. Clauses 17, 18 and 19 will continue to apply despite termination of your use of the Data.
6. Acknowledgement. You will provide a full and appropriate acknowledgement and citation (which includes reference to the version of the Data used) in any materials or publications derived in part or in whole from the Data; relevant citation details are provided with each dataset. You agree to not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification concerning ownership or authorship of any of the Data made available to you. For any publications making substantial use of the Data, BirdLife International welcomes the opportunity for co-authorship, collaboration and to comment prior to publication. Expressions of interest can be sent via the contact details below.
7. Published products. You are required to send, free of charge, an electronic or paper copy of all products published using the Data to BirdLife International via the contact details below.
8. Versions. Unless required to do so for specific analyses, you should not use any version of the relevant Data after it has been superseded by a subsequent version. It is your responsibility to check if a new version of the Data is available.
10. Purpose of use. You may only use the Data provided for the purpose for which it was requested. If subsequent or different use is required, you must contact BirdLife International again for approval via the contact details below.
11. Reposting and redistribution. You will not publish, repost, sub-license, resell, redistribute or communicate to any third party or the public the Data in their original format, either whole or in part, alone or combined with other data (i.e. Derived Products, as defined below), by any means, including (but not limited to) electronic formats such as websites, internet postings, web downloads, web services, web maps that grant users download access, KML files or through File Transfer Protocols (FTPs), electronic mailing, faxing, archiving in a public data, redistributing via a computer network, digital storage, memory stick or other electronic media or device, except as may otherwise be expressly permitted in writing by BirdLife International. You should provide a link to the original Data source location on the BirdLife International website where appropriate. If you wish to provide a service through which the Data are made available for reposting or redistribution, you must obtain written permission by contacting BirdLife International via the contact details below.
12. Third party requests. You will not pass the original Data on to third parties and will direct all requests for use of the Data back to BirdLife International via the contact details below.
14. Endorsement and logo. Use of these Data does not constitute endorsement by BirdLife International of any Derived Products, reports or analyses. The BirdLife International logo must not be used on any Derived Products, reports or analyses, or supporting materials, without express written permission of BirdLife International.
15. Right to comment. BirdLife International reserves the right to comment on the accuracy of representation of the Data in material produced by a recipient.
16. Metadata. The Data are provided with additional supporting metadata, describing how they were compiled, ownership, type and quality of Data, and limitations. The recipient must read all supporting information prior to any analysis and agree to abide by any stipulations contained therein. Where appropriate, BirdLife International can provide additional guidance on request to aid in the correct use and interpretation of the Data.
17. Disclaimer. BirdLife International makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability or completeness of the Data.
The material and geographic designations in the Data do not imply the expressions of any opinion whatsoever on the part of BirdLife International concerning the legal status of any country, territory or area, nor concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither BirdLife International nor its affiliated or related entities or its content providers shall be responsible for any loss, damage, injury, claim or liability of any kind based on or resulting from any information contained in the Data, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions, errors, or defects in the Data, or unavailability of the Data, or delays in their operation, transmission or failure of performance.
BirdLife International and its affiliates do not warrant that the BirdLife website will be free from interruptions or errors, nor that the information accessible from the website or related to the Data is free from computer viruses, worms or other harmful components.
BirdLife International may update or make changes to the Data provided at any time without notice. While it endeavours to maintain accurate and up-to-date Data at all times, BirdLife International makes no commitment to do so.
You further expressly acknowledge and agree that information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks provided to you through the BirdLife International website and located on other internet sites are provided solely as a resource and a convenience to you. Such hyperlinks to other sites are not an endorsement by BirdLife International of those sites.
20. Errors and omissions. If errors, omissions or updates are identified, you are requested to notify BirdLife International via the contact details below so that the Data can be corrected, updated and improved in future releases.